Unlocking Your Value Chain
The Unlocking Your Value Chain course will provide a holistic approach to process improvement along with the knowledge and tools needed to determine the flow of materials and information required for delivery of products and/or services to the customer. This course will focus on how any business can utilize the steps of the value continuum (value definition, value creation, value delivery, and value capture) to close gaps in integrated business processes and deliver optimal value to the customer. This will be supported with quantitative and qualitative research and data gathering techniques from Lean, Six Sigma, and Business Process Re-engineering methodologies that will ensure long-term sustainment and success for the business.
“Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing its Soul” by Howard Schultz – Chapter 30
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a comprehensive understanding and practical knowledge of the Lean, Six Sigma, and Business Process Re-engineering methodologies within the framework of value chain analysis. The team will be equipped with the methodology and a core set of tools needed to identify, prioritize, and solve business problems within the functional and departmental boundaries from an enterprise perspective. Participants will work through the steps with a hands-on team exercise and a pre-selected project in their area of work.
As part of the training course we will provide hands-on experiential learning in the form of a team exercise (Lego car building) for each step of the value continuum. In addition, participants are expected to have selected an improvement opportunity that has been aligned with their respective leadership team. This project is part of their applied experience throughout the entire course. A few projects will be presented in storyboard from on the final day of class.
- Value Chain Development: determining the flow of materials and information required for delivery of products and/or services to the customer
- Optimizing your Total Cost of Ownership: minimizing non-value added activities which create additional costs to operating expenses and decrease return on investment
- Value Continuum: translating customer needs into actions internal to the service or product provided
- Value Definition: understanding and gaining alignment to the voice of the customer
- Value Creation: creating improvement opportunities for key result areas (KRAs)
- Value Delivery: executing and sustaining strategies for success
- Value Capture: capturing and communicating top line growth and bottom line cost savings
4 hoursLearn More